WiseTech Global brings continual improvement to the world’s supply chain, investing relentlessly in building the best technology and pioneering innovation. As an engineer-lead company, we are a force for good, improving productivity, connectivity and resource usage across 160 countries worldwide.
This is an opportunity to be part of a highly technical, world class team. Headquartered in Sydney, our global footprint is expanding rapidly and whilst you’ll be located at our Bangalore office, you’ll work in collaboration with our Australian, US and UK teams to support our global IT infrastructure.
WiseTech Global embodies innovation, and our goal of establishing and expanding a leading-edge Network Operations Centre in Bangalore reflects this. We’re building a team of talented individuals from scratch, and this role is a perfect fit for those looking to take the next step in their career and grow alongside an ever-expanding business.
As a Network Operations Centre Engineer, you will act as the first line of defence for maintaining system availability, managing system events and minimising service outages. This critical role will see you building a detailed view of WiseTech’s systems and environments from our intelligent monitoring systems to identify patterns and predict possible future failures. Strong communication skills are vital here, as the technical nature of this role will see you working in tandem with our Engineering and Product teams to effective resolve problems and add value.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Evidence of robust and effective communication skills working with a global team of engineers
- Experience working with network, server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, direct attached storage, iscsi and fibre channel fabric solutions)
- Experience interpreting various levels of alerts and triaging major incidents using available tools and technical knowledge
- Networking skills equivalent to CCNA
- Windows Server and Linux operating system administration
- Experience with virtualised environments (Hyper-V, VMware, KVM)
- Proven experience with enterprise wide monitoring, patching and maintenance, and ensure continuity of services
- Hardware skills across multiple vendors related to servers, storage and related data centre technologies
- Software skills across multiple vendors related to enterprise management such as Microsoft System Center suite, etc.
- Windows Scripting and Unix Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Python, Bash) highly regarded
- Cloud based technology experience highly regarded, but not essential
About WiseTech Global
Our innovations and global technology enables, improves and empowers the world’s supply chains. Having listed on the ASX in 2016, WiseTech Global is now an ASX 100, AU$8 billion+ company that is serious about expansion and technical innovation. Our mission is to change the world by creating breakthrough products that empower those that own, enable and operate the supply chains of the world.
We are known for our vibrant, dynamic workplace where personal and professional fulfilment and company success go hand in hand. Working at WiseTech provides you with the ability to work in an industry leading culture with high levels of autonomy and ownership.Apply for this position