About WiseTech Global:
WiseTech Global is changing the world of logistics through technology. We build products using the latest software tools and the best hardware platforms and take pride in delivering solutions that make a significant difference for our customers, partners, staff, shareholders, and the logistics industry at large.
The role will focus on WiseTech Global subsidiary, SecurSpace, which is the leading US supply chain software marketplace for on-demand access to yard space. The SecurSpace marketplace connects SecurSpace Suppliers and SecurSpace Buyers. Suppliers have underutilized or surplus yard space that is made available and monetized to Buyers, such as motor carriers and shippers, to park and store trucks, trailers, and shipping containers.
The SecurSpace network currently spans over 500 locations throughout the country, from warehouses and trucking terminals to port facilities and containers depots. Since the software platform’s launch in 2018, we have processed nearly 100,000 bookings and in 2022 alone, customers booked over 5 million spaces through the platform.
This Business Development Executive will focus on the Northeast territory, which is comprised of 22 states in totality. This role involves growing our marketplace member networks through strategic thinking, experimentation, and disciplined execution. This involves prospecting, qualifying and converting buyers, and sourcing and onboarding Supplier locations amongst other business development objectives.
The individual who succeeds in this role will be an energetic self-starter with an interest in scaling a two-sided marketplace. An entrepreneurial mindset, competitive spirit, obsession over the user experience, and an ambition to succeed are paramount.
Location: Based in New Jersey, fully remote role, with 40% travel within the Northeast territory.
- Create and execute strategy to grow revenue throughout the Northeast territory
- Conduct outbound sales over the phone, by email, and through in-person meetings
- Establish and cultivate relationships with new and existing Partners and Customers
- Travel to events and trade shows to promote brand awareness
- Collaborate with marketing team to generate consistent stream of inbound leads
- Develop expertise within the industry and an understanding of the nuances within key markets
- Act as a liaison between Customers and Partners for “white-glove” projects
- Manage entire Partner and Customer sales cycle from lead to location listed (Partner) or booking created (Customer)
- Work within agile operational framework setting ambitious goals for leading indicators
- Measure and report progress against sales goals using various reporting systems
- Provide insights and feedback to guide improvements in user experience and new product development
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of sales experience. Business to business or outbound sales experience preferred.
- Proven track record delivering against sales goals
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Experience with CRM software a plus (i.e., Salesforce and HubSpot)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong technical skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Self-starter/willingness to take initiative
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to excel and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel (~40% of the time)
Benefits & Perks:
We invest in our people from day one. We offer a competitive base salary with commission plan, 401k, paid time off, medical benefits, development opportunities in the form of education assistance, mentorship, LinkedIn learning, and more!
Before You Apply:
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position