Integral to the success of our business, our people and unique culture help drive the delivery of our long-term strategy.
We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people to work at WiseTech and pride ourselves on our culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous development.
We value a strong and diverse workforce and are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- We welcomed nearly 350 new team members into our company
- Ran our first internship program in China in FY22
- Conducted our first global employee engagement survey
- 225 people participated in our global rotations program
- Our people completed almost 20,000 hours of training via structured learning opportunities
- ~25% of our workforce acted as mentors to new colleagues
- Launched our global Diversity & Inclusion Framework
- Updated our Parental Leave Policy to provide 6 months paid parental leave, and reduced the qualifying period to 6 months
- Became a member of ACON’s Pride in Diversity community
- Launched new Wellbeing Principles
- Extended and enhanced our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Making a positive contribution to society is at the core of WiseTech’s DNA, supporting our social license to operate, building capacity and driving positive social impact.
We are helping inspire and educate the next generation of technologists, giving back to the communities in which we operate, and using our capabilities to provide high-quality accessible learning at scale through our own registered training organization.
- Committed to contribute 1% of pre-tax profits from FY22 in a five-year partnership with Grok Academy
- In FY22, we contributed $2.5m to provide free access to the Grok Learning platform to every learner in Australia
- More than 180 children of WiseTech employees participated in Digital Tech @ Work events
- Sponsored NCSS Challenge, and our people again volunteered as mentors
- Titanium sponsor of the BiG Day In, inspiring students to start careers in tech
- More than 9,700 WiseTech Academy courses completed
- Our people donated over $30,000 to registered charities supporting humanitarian causes on the ground in Ukraine, matched by WiseTech to bring the total amount donated to $60,000
We are committed to reducing our environmental footprint and finding ways to help our customers reduce theirs.
Through our software and innovations, we drive business efficiencies that enhance logistics processes worldwide.
We continue to explore best approaches to reduce our environmental footprint and mitigate our impacts, and improve our data collection, tracking, and reduction initiatives.
Measure and track our emissions → Offset 100% of carbon emissions from global operations1 → Improve our energy efficiency → Use 100% low or no emissions electricity → Net zero global operations1
1 Scope 1 and 2 emissions.
- In an important step towards achieving net zero, we have offset 100% of carbon emissions from our global operations1 in FY22
- Set our pathway to net zero global operations1
- Introduced a new electric vehicle policy for European car schemes
- Recycled more than 4,000 kgs of e-waste globally
Our products enable and empower the world’s supply chains, facilitating global trade.
We recognize data security is critical to our success and customer relationships, and product innovation is fundamental to the sustainability of our business and key to our competitiveness.
We work with industry partners to drive efficiency and productivity through our software solutions, and are committed to conducting business responsibly.
- Achieved ISO27001 Information Security Management certification
- Reinvested 29% of our revenue in research & development
- Delivered 1,199 CargoWise product enhancements, continuing to expand our pipeline of commercializable innovations
- Achieved recognition of prior learning for the WiseTech Diploma of Customs Broking towards the Charles Sturt University's Bachelor of Border Management equivalent to one year’s study
- Joined the Tech Council of Australia
- Continued to roll out our Supplier Labor Code of Conduct to suppliers
- Continued with our mandatory Modern Slavery Training for all new starters as part of onboarding