WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those who own and operate the supply chains of the world. More than 18,000 logistics organizations use our software solutions, including 24 of the top 25 global freight forwarders and 41 of the top 50 global third-party logistics providers. We’re an engineer-led company focusing on building secure, scalable products. Therefore, data analytics is critical to the function of the international supply chain.
As a data analyst, you will be responsible for designing and building data models to enhance analytics and performance reporting and optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams.
About the role:
By joining the team, you will be responsible for analyzing available data sources and giving recommendations on data integration and processing, building data models for predictive and prescriptive analytics, investigating, and interpreting data, and building prototypes for analytics reports.
If you are self-directed and are comfortable supporting the data needs of the business, systems, and products - this role is for you!
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand and write technical and business requirements for use cases
- Statistical analysis of data in multiple data sources, creating data profiles
- Identifying and implementing data quality control processes that prompt correction in the source systems where required
- Developing data models, flows, datasets, and views that are efficient and meaningful representations of data
- Designing reporting solutions and building prototypes
- Communicating and coordinating effectively with data owners, product people, and other stakeholders to ensure models and results are well understood and incorporated into their business processes
- Developing and implementing testing plans for data transformations, maintaining data definition and technical documentation
- Driving awareness and providing expertise on the use of analytics tools and concepts, providing training and effectively communicating with multiple stakeholders
- Analysing existing data governance and privacy requirements and identifying areas for improvement
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2-6 years of commercial experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of business analysis methodologies and techniques, including requirements gathering, process modelling, and documentation
- Experience of working with notebooks
- Deep understanding of databases
- Experience in Data Design work
- Expertise in Microsoft BI stack (MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, OLAP)
- Experience working with SQL and visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI,
- Basic Python skills
- Experience with Statistical Modelling
- Practical knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of Data Governance concepts, industry best practices, and principles
- Solid SQL experience, authoring complex queries and DDL, working with execution plans
- Basic knowledge of machine learning (E.g. Spark ML or Python ML)
Before you apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position