For this role, we are looking for candidates based in Europe on a remote basis.
WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those that own and operate the supply chains of the world.
At Wisetech, our cybersecurity vision is paramount, and we are seeking a Network Security Engineer / Firewall administrator to join our Information security team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and operation of our information system security controls and countermeasures, with a focus on the administration of Palo Alto Firewalls and VPN’s.
The successful candidate will report into our head of network security & the global director of InfoSec. We are seeking a candidate based remotely across EMEA although we have entities across many countries therefore office-based work across a hybrid model is also possible if desired.
- A deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack and OSI model
- Extensive experience with managing Palo Alto Firewalls, including additional security subscription services
- Experienced in managing Cisco Firewalls and VPNs
- Understanding of networking technologies such as Ethernet, Spanning Tree, Vlans, Routing, DNS & DHCP
- Demonstrated ability to effectively respond to network incidents
- Experienced in the implementation of network changes and adhering to change management process
- A track record of developing, managing and implementing complex networking projects
- Intermediate understanding of Windows and Linux systems administration
- Strong communication abilities and a desire to work as part of a team
Required Experience and Certifications:
- 3 years’ experience in IT
- Bachelors IT Degree (or equivalent)
- PCNSE or PCNSA
- Experience with SDN and open source networking
- Experience with other firewall vendors such as Fortinet, Checkpoint, Watchguard, Juniper, etc.
- Experienced in threat intelligence, SIEM solutions and investigations
- Scripting skills in Perl, Python and/or BASH