Shipamax is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data Science team. We are a successful and ambitious startup, recently acquired by WiseTech, the global leader in logistics solutions. You would join a team of experienced data scientists passionate about pushing the boundaries of what is possible in a friendly and stimulating atmosphere. Shipamax develops AI-based software to extract information from documents, structuring critical logistics data that powers the movement of goods worldwide.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will bring algorithms and model research into practice, developing new machine learning models and data processing algorithms while maintaining existing ones. You will work closely with engineering and product teams to successfully integrate models into our commercial product, delivering impressive data extraction software to customers. You will be responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of our data sets on existing and new ML models in pre-launch and in production. This role would give you the opportunity to work with several state-of-the-art machine learning models, using real world datasets. You will also be involved in fascinating projects, such as developing data extraction for new logistic document types, developing a new model to extract totals from invoices, improving our logo.
- Bring algorithms & model research into practice and push the boundaries of what is possible in 1-4 month projects
- Develop new machine learning models and data processing algorithms, and maintain existing ones
- Work closely with the engineering and product teams to successfully integrate models into our commercial product
- Deliver impressive data extraction software to customers
- Responsible for the quality and ongoing evaluation of our data sets on existing and new ML models in pre-launch and in production
- MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or other STEM subjects, or other comparable work experience
- 3+ years of commercial experience.
- Strong programming skills in one of the following programming languages: Python, C++ or Java
- Experience in building and evaluating machine learning models
- Experience with NLP
- Experience working with real-world data sets
- Understanding of data science fundamental concepts
- Some experience handling unstructured data is be beneficial
- Data science libraries such as Numpy, Pandas and Scipy
- Machine learning frameworks: Scikit-learn and PyTorch
- Experience working with cloud environments is not essential, but it would be beneficial
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Hard working, responsible
- Loves learning and gets things done
- Good communication skills and knows how to work in a team
About WiseTech Global
Our innovations and global technology enables, improves and empowers the world’s supply chains. Having listed on the ASX in 2016, WiseTech Global is now an ASX 50, AU$10 billion+ company that is serious about expansion and technical innovation. Our mission is to change the world by creating breakthrough products that empower those that own, enable and operate the supply chains of the world.
Before you apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position
Who we are
We are a global team of passionate people enabling and empowering the supply chains of the world.