WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those who own and operate the world's supply chains. More than 18,000 logistics organizations use our software solutions, including 24 of the top 25 global freight forwarders and 41 of the top 50 global third-party logistics providers.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer in Sydney, experienced with installing, configuring and maintaining systems across both Windows & Linux systems and be able to operate at a highly competent and autonomous level, whilst supporting less experienced colleagues within the team.
- Senior technical resource for the Systems Engineer team
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems-related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible for coordinating emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role, with minimum of 2 years as a senior resource
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2016 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Hyper-V, VMware and KVM administration
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Linux containers and virtualisation skills
- Scripting and programming skills
Before you apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position