WiseTech Global is a leading provider of software solutions to the global logistics industry. We develop, sell, and implement software solutions that enable and empower logistics providers to facilitate the movement of goods. Our customers range from small and mid-sized domestic and regional logistics providers to large multi-national and global logistics providers, including 24 of the Top 25 Global Freight Forwarders and 44 of the Top 50 Global Third-Party Logistics Providers.
We are a pure technology company, we are engineer founded and led, with research and development at the heart of what we do. Our team of more than 3,000 people across 35 countries is united in our goal to transform the world of logistics one innovation at a time to help achieve our mission of being the operating system for all global logistics. To do this, our cloud infrastructure needs to run smoothly and reliably, and this is where you come in.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Engineer to join the team that manages our self-hosted cloud and global data centre network. You will be working closely with other UK and EU based engineers, to help monitor the health of the infrastructure, maintain operational and service levels, and assist with planning and road mapping IT projects. We are looking for Engineers with a mixture of Windows and Linux technology experience. This is a hybrid role, where Engineers can work together in either our central London or Milton Keynes offices, as well as remote working.
- Senior technical resource for the Systems Engineer team
- Responsible for ensuring smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible to coordinate emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role, with minimum of 2 years as a senior resource or team leader
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2012R2 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Exchange Server administration
- Hyper-V, VMware and KVM administration
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or equivalent experience highly regarded
- MS System Center suite
- Linux containers and virtualisation skills
- Scripting and programming skills will be highly regarded
- Cloud technologies and experience with multiple platforms
Before you apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers, who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position