While the main team of UX Designers at WiseTech Global is in Sydney, Australia, the work in the US is quite autonomous and concentrates on certain subject matter domains - the cross-functional peers you need to be successful in your role are usually either on site, or in other locations in the US. There are several projects in various stages of progress that need Design collaboration and support. As the first Designer in the Greater Chicago Area, you would help to assess this need and make recommendations, while working on one of the main projects in development as an individual contributor.
This is an ‘embedded Designer’ position, and you will be reporting directly to the Head of Design in Sydney. As a UX Designer, you will go through a strong learning curve and will engage deeply with the subject matter. You will have easy access to subject matter experts who will help you every step of the way.
You will be working together with several Product Managers in this space, supporting and facilitating our efforts to understand user roles, user needs, key tasks, and the current user journeys with their pain points and opportunities. Your user-centric approach will complement the other functions in your R&D team, and will ensure that the services coming out of this area will have the highest chance of success in the market.
Over time, and depending on need, we will add a small number of other Designers to this team. Our current plan is for these Designers to report into you, while you remain active as an individual contributor. However, other models can be discussed. You will need to accept a certain amount of uncertainty as we’re building out this new location.
Skills & Experience:
(While it is absolutely okay to not match every single point below before you apply, please be aware that this is a key role in a team that requires a very senior individual. We will have other roles in the near future for less experienced Product Designers.)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in dedicated UX and UX Research roles, either on products or in agencies
- Experience leading a small team of Designers
- You know how to plan for, organize, and run product-oriented user and customer studies that inform projects with actionable insights
- You have an expert level understanding of user-centrism as a process, and know how to adapt existing techniques to perfectly suit the needs in any project
- You enjoy daily collaboration with cross-functional peers, mostly with Product Management. You don’t mind that this collaboration can often be via video calls.
- You are an expert at facilitating workshops as part of a strong user-centered design process, and manage stakeholders with your excellent communication skills while educating them on Design as a modern R&D function
- You love translating customer and user insights into concepts that address the root cause of an identified problem
- You understand the trade-offs a Product Designer has to make to ensure success for their product, while at the same time advocating for the users of the software, and finding creative and reliable ways to bring our knowledge about users to the rest of the team
- You can use an established Design System to good effect, and collaborate with specialized UI Designers to get the maximum out of your ideas
About WiseTech Global:
WiseTech Global provides industry leading software solutions for the main players in global logistics. Our customers include FedEx, DHL, UPS, and many more We have over 18,000 customers across 170 countries, including 24 of the top 25 global freight forwarders worldwide.
Logistics is a very deep and complex domain that requires solutions that can handle massive scale, allow for extreme customizations, and strive for maximum efficiency at all times. Our users are supply chain experts who spend most of their working hours in our software and understand the importance of data integrity.
Our UX designers are passionate problem solvers, who have a pioneer’s mindset, and thrive on projects with a high level of uncertainty and vast potential.
WiseTech Global's mission is to change the world by creating breakthrough products that empower those who own, enable, and operate the world's supply chains. We are relentless about innovation, adding over 4,300 product enhancements to our global platform in the past five years while bringing meaningful continual improvement to the world's supply chains.
Culture, Perks, & Benefits:
We are known for our dynamic workplace where personal and professional fulfilment and company success go hand in hand. Working at WiseTech provides you with the opportunity to work in a culture with high levels of autonomy and ownership.
We offer competitive salary and equity packages, 401k, paid time off, medical benefits, development opportunities in the form of education assistance, mentorship, LinkedIn learning, and more!
We've implemented a hybrid work schedule that brings us together once a week on Thursdays, allowing us to collaborate and exchange ideas in person. We have weekly happy hours onsite which are a perfect opportunity to connect with your colleagues, share stories, and build lasting friendships. We also gather once a month for "Cake Days" which is a tradition that brings us together for a catered lunch to celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries.
Before You Apply:
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use an external service provider to assess applications on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position
Who we are
We are a global team of passionate people enabling and empowering the supply chains of the world.