We are looking for a tax expert to help establish and lead the US tax function for our business. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with broad US tax experience to take a leading role in establishing a tax function for a rapidly growing and successful software company.
- You have a broad tax skill-set with US tax experience gained from industry.
- Passion to drive the business tax issues from conception to completion, which may include, but is not limited to: M&A activity; overseeing the preparation and filing of Federal, State and Local filings, and ad-hoc tax projects.
- You have the vision to create a new function and operating model for US tax management.
- You’re comfortable working at a distance from the bulk of the group’s finance and tax resources, who are largely based in Sydney
- Comfortable collaborating with and managing professional advisors.
- Willingness to travel and, if required, relocate interstate within the US.
You have the ability to influence outcomes while also building your reputation as a solid team player. You’ll also need to be the type of character who thrives in a non-hierarchal environment and rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. You will be supported by our finance and tax team based in Sydney, as well as partnering with our appointed global tax advisor.
This role will initially have a geographic focus on management of the group’s US taxes, but is likely to grow to include an oversight of Canada and, South America as the remit of the role expands in the future.
Qualifications and experience required for the role:
The mindset and cultural fit of the person is a key requirement, albeit the following qualifications and experience are likely to be required to be successful:
- US tax and / or accounting qualified with in-house tax experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- While you will not be expected to be an expert in all areas, ideally you will have a strong knowledge of the tax code and having a familiarity with US Federal, State and Local reporting requirements would be looked upon favorably.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong project management capabilities.
Who are WiseTech Global?
Having listed on the Australian stock exchange in 2016, WiseTech Global is an AU$6 billion+ company that is serious about expansion and technical innovation. Through a combination of organic growth and targeted acquisitions, our global employee head count has increased rapidly, and we’re far from slowing down.
WiseTech Global is a leading developer and provider of software solutions to the logistics execution industry globally. Our customers include over 7,000 of the world’s logistics companies across 130 countries, including 33 of the top 50 global third party logistics providers and 24 of the 25 largest global freight forwarders worldwide.
Our people are innovators and visionaries and we have a long track record of building global solutions that are changing the world of logistics.
Why WiseTech Global
If the opportunity to establish the US tax function and shape the direction of the business wasn’t enough, we are known for our vibrant, dynamic workplace where personal and professional fulfilment and company success go hand in hand. Working at WiseTech provides you with the ability to work in an industry leading culture with high levels of autonomy and ownership.
Please note, this role will be based at our office in Marlborough.Apply for this position