Level up your career and revolutionize the world of logistics with WiseTech Global! WiseTech Global is a world-leading software company building software for the global logistics industry. We are united in our mission to create breakthrough products that enable and empower those who own and operate the supply chains of the world. More than 18,000 logistics organizations use our software solutions, including 24 of the top 25 global freight forwarders.
Due to our organic and acquisitional growth, we are seeking a Senior System Engineer in Sydney to join our IS team!
- You will become a senior technical resource for the Systems Engineer team
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems-related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible for coordinating emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Cloud technologies and experience with multiple platforms
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role, with minimum of 2 years as a senior resource
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (rack mount servers, SAN, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2016 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Hyper-V, VMware and KVM administration
- Linux containers and virtualisation skills
- Scripting and programming skills
About WiseTech Global
Our innovations and global technology enables, improves and empowers the world’s supply chains. Having listed on the ASX in 2016, WiseTech Global is now an ASX 50, AU$10 billion+ company that is serious about expansion and technical innovation. Our mission is to change the world by creating breakthrough products that empower those that own, enable and operate the supply chains of the world.
Before you apply
From time to time, WiseTech Global may use external service providers to assist us with assessing applications, including background checks, on our behalf. Accordingly, by applying for this role and providing your personal information to WiseTech Global, you consent to WiseTech Global providing this information to our external service providers who are required to treat such information with strict confidentiality in line with privacy and data protection laws and regulations.Apply for this position